Hello Rock! Here is a lot of news that you can use. I hope you’re having a good day.
Tuesday’s weather: Periods of sunshine. Top: 48 Bottom: 34.
Are you a financial adviser? Attract customers to Boulder based on your expertise and local connection with our high-impact native ads. Click here to find out more.
Here are today’s top stories in Boulder:
- Downtown Boulder “Atrium Building” is now a Boulder Historic Landmark. Boulder City Council voted last week to preserve the building located on 13th Street and Canyon Boulevard next to the Boulder Bandshell. It is owned by the city and was built in 1969, designed by architect Hobart Wagener. (Daily CO)
- The National Brotherhood of Skiers attracts more black skiers and snowboarders. NBS’ mission is to develop and support athletes of color in winter sports and they’re going old fashioned this year at Steamboat. (Room)
- It’s that time of year to get a box of Girl Scout Cookies or 10. Here’s how and where to order. There’s even a new cookie this year and this year you can only buy the tasty bites. The bad part? Like everything else, the prices have gone up a bit. (5280)
- Wastewater tested to track COVID-19 trends. Last Friday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention began including tracking information for COVID-19 in Colorado wastewater, to anticipate virus spikes. (Room)
- You didn’t have rental insurance? Marshall Fire survivors face a different kind of challenge. Salvage services may be on the way for tenants whose homes have been contaminated by smoke and ash, but most are navigating on their own to replace crumbling property. (CO Sun)
Today in Boulder:
- Story time around the world: At the holiday park. (10:15 a.m.)
- Open workshop: Boulder Public Library. (1 p.m.-6 p.m.)
- Quick Virtual Networking: Boulder House. (4 p.m.)
- Food & Network: Quick networking. (4 p.m.)
- Time Travel RPG and Hands: On scientific activities. (4:30 p.m.)
- 10 things to do this week: Free movies, career and internship fairs. (UC today)
From my notebook:
- The Boulder International Film Festival is coming to Boulder Theater March 4-6! On March 5, award-winning actor Alec Baldwin will be the event’s first-ever special guest programmer. (https://biff1.com/)
- City of Superior Marshall Fire Community Planning Effort: Meeting on Wednesday, February 9 at 6 p.m. and online survey. Both of these participation opportunities are planned for the next few weeks. Residents and homeowners who have lost their homes are encouraged to participate. (Superior)
- Boulder County Trail Closures: The Picture Rock Trail at Heil Valley Ranch is closed due to muddy conditions. All trails in Heil are now closed. Expect additional closures over the next couple of days as the snow will most likely melt quickly with the expected warm temperatures. (BOCO)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Boulder Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially informed for today! See you tomorrow for another update. — Brad K. Evans